At UAS Leiden we have been carrying out international projects since 1994, focusing mainly on development cooperation. These projects aim to build capacity in education institutions in developing countries, through training-of-trainers (ToT) programmes. With education being our core business and major part of all of our activities, we have built up knowledge and wide experience in the fields of Health Care and Peace, Justice and Security.
Through various programmes, funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, we cooperate with partners from developing countries by providing training and education. This way we contribute in strengthening their capacity to train students in order to establish a growing qualified workforce.
The last years we have been active in countries such as Guatemala, South-Africa, Indonesia, Ghana and Uganda. Our partners are universities and post-secondary training institutions in various fields. Below are some examples of recent and current projects:
- Up scaling and Upgrading the training of nurses and midwives in Northern Ghana Ghana, 2011-2015, NICHE/GHANA/102
- Fortalecimiento a la Formación Superior en Investigación Criminal y Forense Guatemala, 2011-2015, NICHE/GTM/051
- Development and implementation of a system for follow-up and continuous training within police practice in Guatemala Guatemala, 2010-2014, NICHE/GTM/045
- Capacity enhancement of UMI for delivery of programs that support school-management and supervision Uganda, 2011-2015, NICHE/UGA/084
- Capacity building of BPSDM in Legislative Drafting Education and Training Indonesia, 2012-2016, NICHE/IDN/144