Skip to main content Skip to footer Skip to menu


Are you planning to do a full four year degree at LUAS? Please note that all our bachelor degrees are taught in Dutch, so a firm grasp of the Dutch language is required. From tuition fees to the registration process, here you’ll find what you’re looking for.

Enrol now via Studielink
Pabo flexibele deeltijd studenten overleggen met elkaar

How do I enrol?

You must enrol through Studielink, even if you have an international diploma or address. Please do this by 1st May. After enrolling, the Student Registration department of Leiden University of Applied Sciences will contact you regarding the next steps.

Diploma and transcript

If you have an international diploma, we will assess it to determine your eligibility to start the programme. Please send a certified copy of your diploma and transcript to the Student Registration department by 31st May.

Study Visa

Are you planning to study in the Netherlands with a Study Visa? The Student Registration department will need various documents from you. Please contact us about this and submit your documents by 30th April. 

Arrange your re-enrolment

Continuing your studies next year?
Continuing your studies next year?

Continuing your studies next year? Your enrolment is valid for only one year. This means you must re-enrol after each year of continuation. Here’s how:

How to re-enrol?

Log in to Studielink and follow the link "Arrange your re-enrolment" under "Your to-do list".

Important dates

Start of re-enrolment: June 1st Deadline for re-enrolment: August 31st. If you're late, you will lose access to classes and ICT facilities, such as the DLO and email.

Confirm your re-enrolment

Finalise your re-enrolment by confirming your payment details by 31st August.

Payment with guarantee statement or invoice request

If you are paying with a guarantee statement or an invoice request for tuition fees, follow the instructions on the form carefully. Send the completed form to [email protected] by August 31st. Incomplete or late forms unfortunately cannot be processed.

What to do if you stop studying?

If you are discontinuing or have completed your studies and wish to remain enrolled until 31st August, no action is required on your part. Your enrolment will end automatically. You may still receive messages about re-enrolment from the Student Enrolment department; these can be disregarded.

If you are stopping earlier, or have completed your studies earlier than anticipated, you will need to unregister. Further information about de-enrolment or cancellation can be found on our de-enrolment page.

What to do if you're unsure about continuing your studies?

Negative binding study advice (BSA)

Awaiting a BSA decision? Continue to enrol. In the event of a negative BSA, we will cancel your re-enrolment, and you will not be required to pay tuition fees.


Unsure if you will graduate by 1st September? Continue to enrol. If you pass or graduate in August, we will cancel your re-enrolment, and no tuition fees will be charged. If you know you will graduate before 31st August, you may withdraw your enrolment request via Studielink.

If you end up graduating after 1st September, once your graduation date is confirmed, you can request de-enrolment via Studielink.

If you're unsure about your choice of study

If you are uncertain about your study choice, please decide by 31st August whether to continue studying or not.

Do I have the right to re-enrol mid-term?

Re-enrolment mid-term is permitted only under certain circumstances. For instance, if you are unwell or have only one course remaining to complete. Further details can be found in the Enrolment Regulations (refer to Article 19 below).

For such cases, please contact the Student Enrolment department at  [email protected]. Include your student number and the desired start date in your email. You will then receive an invitation within five working days to discuss your motivation, study plan, transcript, authorisation, and any other necessary documents.

Please note that this process typically takes about four weeks, so be sure to make your request in good time!


For any inquiries, send an email to [email protected] (always include your student number).

How can we assist you? 

  • Answering all your questions related to enrolment (or re-enrolment), de-enrolment, and tuition fees.
  • Requests for a Proof of Paid Tuition Fee or a student card.
  • Assisting with the completion and signing of application forms, such as financial support for Teacher Training or insurance.
Twee studenten HBO-Rechten van Hogeschool Leiden werken aan een case.
Selfie van studenten in de stad Leiden

Frequently Asked Questions

I have enroled. When will I receive a notification?
  • Immediately after enrolling via Studielink, you will receive an email containing your student number for Leiden University of Applied Sciences.
  • Within two weeks, you should receive a further email from the Student Enrolment department. If you do not receive this email within two weeks, please contact Student Enrolment at [email protected].
  • Starting from June 1st, you will receive information about providing payment details via Studielink.
  • Information about any admission procedures and the start of the academic year (schedule, book list, etc.) will be provided by the programme.

Please note: We will email you at the email address you provided through Studielink.

When will I receive my student card?

Once your enrolment process is complete, your student card will be mailed to the postal address you provided in Studielink.

Do I need to send my diploma?

That's not necessary. Leiden University of Applied Sciences typically receives the required diploma information from your previous education institution via DUO. If we have any questions about your diploma, we will contact you by email.

Did you obtain your diploma before 2006? In that case, we may request proof of your diploma via email.

For more information about diploma requirements, please visit the Admission page.You can find more information about diplomas on the Admission page.

I failed my exams. How to proceed?

Unfortunately, without the appropriate diploma, you cannot begin a higher professional education programme. You can find information about the admission requirements for each programme on their respective pages.
If you failed the exams from your previous education, withdraw your enrolment request via Studielink:

  1. Go to 'My enrolments' in Studielink, then to 'Details of enrolment.' 
  2. Click on 'Withdraw enrolment request.'
I am moving. Where should I report this?

If your residential and/or correspondence address changes, please do the following:

  1. Inform your (new) local council of your move, from four weeks prior to no later than five days after your relocation.
  2. Log in to Studielink, go to the 'Personal Details' tab, and update your postal address. Please make sure to also check the option that allows Studielink to inform Leiden University of Applied Sciences of your new address, so that you can receive our correspondence at your new address.
  3. If you receive student financing, also notify your address change through My DUO.
What happens with my personal data when applying for (or requesting) enrolment?

Leiden University of Applied Sciences handles your personal data carefully and confidentially during the enrolment process, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).

Submitting an enrolment request

To submit an enrolment request, you need to log in to Studielink using your DigiD or eIDAS. Studielink retrieves your personal data from the Personal Records Database (BRP). Information about your previous education is obtained from the Education Executive Agency (DUO). You need to enter your contact details, such as your email address and phone number, yourself.

Studielink asks you to verify your personal data and previous education. If any relevant previous education is missing, you can add it.

After the first login, you can indicate which programme you want to enrol in and at which institution.

Arranging payment

To arrange the payment of your tuition fees, you must provide a digital authorisation for payment to the university through Studielink. You will need to supply the bank account number and details (name, address, and place of residence) of the account holder.

Data processing

Leiden University of Applied Sciences receives all your data from Studielink. The university requires this information to assess your enrolment request and fulfil its legal obligations. For more information about the main rules regarding enrolments, refer to the Enrolment Regulations (available on this page).

More information on the Dutch page

For more detailed information, please visit our Dutch page by clicking "Nederlands" at the top of this page.

Is your question not listed here?
Is your question not listed here?

Send an email to [email protected] (always include your student number).

Personen zitten achter de computer