Dr. Annemarie Abbing received her doctorate for her research on the effects and working mechanisms of art therapy (visual) in adults with anxiety symptoms. In 2019/2020 she conducted a postdoctoral research at the Open University, Prof. Dr. Susan van Hooren, on vocational therapy in forensic youth care and forensic psychiatry. She is currently working as a senior lecturer-researcher in occupational therapy and from the end of 2020 will also be a member of the Board for Knowledge Innovation at the Federation of Occupational Therapy Professions.
- 2020-present: Board member for Knowledge Innovation at the Federation of Therapeutic Professions (FVB)
- 2020-heden: Senior lecturer-researcher Art Therapy (University of Applied Sciences Leiden)
- 2019-2020: Postdoc researcher at the Open University (projects Evidence Gap Map Art Therapy in Forensic Youth Care and Forensic Psychiatry).
- 2016 - 2019: PhD candidate at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Clinical Neurodevelopmental Sciences, Leiden University. Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Hanna Swaab.
- 2013-2019: Researcher at the Professorship Anthroposophic Healthcare (University of Applied Sciences Leiden)
- 2010 - 2019: Project developer/fundraiser at the Professorship Anthroposophic Healthcare (University of Applied Sciences Leiden)
- 2009 - 2010 Secondary Special Education, The Hague, Advisor and fund-raiser for an art project
- 2006 - 2007: Ministry of LNV [Agriculture, Nature, Food], Food Quality and Animal Health Board, Field Coordinator / research staff,
- Pilot: Electronic Identification & Registration of sheep/goats
- 2005: Diergaarde Blijdorp [Rotterdam Zoo], Veterinary analyst/ pathology assistant
- 2016-2019: PhD at Faculty of Social Sciences, clinical neurodevelopmental sciences, Leiden University. Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Hanna Swaab. Promoted on 22 January 2020
- 2016-2019 Practicum Musicae, Classical Vocal training programme
- 2016-2017: Pre-PhD certificate, various scientific courses. Dual PhD Centre The Hague, Leiden University.
- 2010: Course in Effectively acquiring (European) subsidy, SBO / PNO2
- 2001 - 2005: Veterinary medicine (scientific research), major in Veterinary Public Health, University of Utrecht
- 2000 - 2001: School music / Flute, Royal Conservatory, The Hague
- 1997 - 2001: Art Therapy, University of Applied Sciences Leiden